Make the most of your application
When applying for a job, it's important to put your best foot forward and make a memorable impression. Your CV is your tool to get in front of the decision maker so make sure this is the best and most up to date representation of yourself, the skills you offer and why you'll be a great fit for the role. Check out the advice below and we wish you the best of luck in your application.
A cover letter promotes you and states why you are the right person for the job. Explain your motivation for applying and how your skills and qualifications match the job requirements. Your cover letter shouldn't be too long, no longer than a page, so it's important that you are precise and to-the-point. Remember to check for spelling errors.
Your CV should be a clear and brief overview of your education, experience, professional and personal qualifications and any other information you consider relevant for the job. Make sure that your CV is updated and includes your correct contact information.
Interviews help us get to know your personality, and to see if you are the right fit for the job.
How to prep for your interview:
- Do some research before your interview. This is essential to making a good impression. Researching our company and the role you're applying for will help you answer our questions and show us you're keen.
- Prepare to present your skills, experience, personal qualities and other strengths.
- Think about possible questions and your responses. By preparing responses to standard questions about you and your job application, you will feel more prepared and relaxed going into your interview.
- Consider what to wear and dress appropriately.
- Be mindful of your body language and non-verbal communication. Take time to compose yourself prior to your interview.
- Think about some questions you may have for us. This is a great opportunity to cover information not discussed or areas you would like more clarity on. Here are some examples:
- What are some aspects that make NZPG a great workplace?
- Tell me about NZPG's culture.
- What are my opportunities for advancement?
- And finally, remember to smile!